Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why will iTunes only play ticked songs?

I have a considerable amount of music in my Library, more that will fit on my iPhone, which is why I have a certain number of songs/albums not ticked. From time to time however it is nice to play them on my PC, however it seems that iTunes will not play them unless they are ticked. This is frustrating as I would need to un-tick them again before syncing my iPhone otherwise iTunes will attempt to load these songs and will run out of room. Surely if a song or album is in my Library, regardless of whether it is ticked, it should be available to play simply by clicking on it?

It would also be handy to know how to enable continuous play, whereby if I just select a song or album then iTunes will play my Library from that point until I stop it. A nice big "Play My Whole Library" button on the main dashboard would do the trick! I have seen solutions requiring the creation of playlists or, pain of all pains, ticking everything I want to play (see Frustration #1 above).

Any assistance on these two issues would be appreciated.

Windows PC-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 11:57 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 3:23 PM in response to peteyboy77

Petey,

iTunes will play an unchecked song if you double-click the track. However, it will not automatically advance to an unchecked song, so of course it looks like it is skipping them.

I gather you are attempting to manage what goes onto your iPhone by means of checkmarks. That will get very frustrating. It is easier to put the songs you want to sync into iTunes playlists, and then tell iTunes to sync selected playlists, as shown below.

User uploaded file

Why will iTunes only play ticked songs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.