Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop does not appear in the Share button

I can easily send a photo from iPhone 6+ to my iMac, but not from the computer to the phone.

AirDrop appears in the left column of the Finder window, and when I click on it, it opens and discovers the phone. That's as far as I can get with it; it won't send a selected item such as a photo to the phone - something that I've been successfully doing all year until I installed El Capitán this past weekend.

I noticed while installing that a popup window appeared stating that Droplr would no longer function. I'm fine with that because I haven't used it.

Personal Hotspot if OFF on the phone.

I've tried toggling between "Allow me to be discovered by" Everyone - No One and Contacts Only. It still doesn't work, and I'm baffled that it doesn't appear in the Share button drop down.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 1:04 AM

1 reply

Oct 18, 2015 8:26 PM in response to Ramón

FWIW: I re-installed El Capitán today, and the result remains the same; AirDrop from my late 2012 iMac to my iPhone 6+ is still not working. It works beautifully from the phone to the computer, as it has with the first installation, but to my disappointment, re-installation didn't correct the issue. 😠

One thing that I have noticed with the phone is that it doesn't remain connected to Bluetooth. I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue, but I wanted to mention it - just in case.

Bluetooth is working fine in my car and it connects to my bluetooth-enabled amplifier without a problem.

AirDrop does not appear in the Share button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.