Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Update Download Performance

So, recently without any apparent change, the download performance of the App Store has slowed to a crawl. Anyone seeing something similar?

Using an iPhone 6+ on 9.0.2 (12A452) and I don't think that anything has changed on the device recently. This has been true across separate wi-fi networks and, while a speedtest from the device shows me getting over 20 MBit/Sec download times, I've been watching an update to Spotify creep slowly in (still at around 20%-ish) over the past 10 minutes. All other apps seem to be just about as bad.

Anyone see similar or have ideas what I would do about it? Service problems on Apple side?

thx

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 9:51 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 6:30 AM in response to rlefferts

Well...I let it sit all night and it never finished. I don't think it's just Spotify, because I just tried with another app (Medium) and am seeing a similarly crawling installation. (Perhaps not as slow on the circle, but I think the app isn't as big.)

Of course, apparently the phone is over 90 days old, so apparently there is no way to get Apple to actually support the product without paying additional money....(At least, that was my interpretation of the feedback under "contact us.")

Sure would be nice to be able to install and update apps....

App Update Download Performance

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.