Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not working with Bluetooth headset 9.0.2

HI, I have updated my firmware on my 4s IOS 9.0.2 and have found that Siri gets stuck in listening mode when connected to my Bluetooth headset. My headset activates Siri and recognises my speech but that's as far as I get. It just sits there in listening mode. I have no problems with control of Siri to my IPad which is still on IOS 8. Any ideas anyone, tried downgrading to 9.0.1 but it appears that Apple have stopped signing it. Where is the aftersales care for us genuine users. We have to suffer the development frailties. Thank you Apple for giving me nowhere to go on this:-(

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 12:41 AM

6 replies

Dec 17, 2015 2:46 PM in response to Woollywhippet

I am very happy to report that I have the answer, in case you are still having problems.

The key is General>Reset>Reset all Settings

Note that this if different than Rebooting. Reset solves the problem. Reboot doesn't.

Now when you hit the phone button on the 20s, you should see a different screen that says "Voice Control." Beforehand I was getting the black Siri screen, which didn't work.

Funny how no one seemed to have an answer all this time. All I had to do was ask Apple in chat support.

Dec 20, 2015 4:46 AM in response to St8kout

Hi, I speak as I find and found your comment in your first reply to be sarcastic " Funny how no one seemed to have an answer all this time. All I had to do was ask Apple in chat support. " as if I did not have the intellect to do so !

The point I was making where Apple are concerned is that they are more concerned/ obsessed with fighting a unwinerble battle with a minority of people who want to have a different choice with their product ( jailbreak community ). It's like trying to stop film piracy, it will never happen !!

I am caught in the crossfire, I cannot use my product correctly and as intended because I cannot go back to a previous Firmware that worked for me. Apple adopt the attitude and say " tough s**t you will just have to wait until we fix the problem "

Once again, thankyou Apple for your support !!!

Siri not working with Bluetooth headset 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.