Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match Lost Cover Art

I use CD uploaded to iTunes Match, iTunes data have cover art, but some music album in ios device does not cover art. How is the solution?

My iTunes display:

User uploaded file

My iPhone display:

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2, MacBookPro 17" OS X El Capitan10.11

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 10:44 PM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2015 2:02 AM in response to Evanax

I have this problem all the time. You could try going into iTunes on your computer, select the album tracks that do not have the cover art in your iOS device and on the album artwork tab delete the picture. Click ok, then go back into get info and onto the album artwork tab and re-paste it in. This might trigger the album art to show on your iOS device. It has worked occasionally for me but I must stress it is a very hit and miss process. Changes I make on iTunes do not always sync to the iOS devices (or take a long time). It is far from being a reliable system.

Oct 13, 2015 8:12 AM in response to Evanax

Hi. What I tend to do is this:

Go on internet and download a picture of the CD cover for the CD I am going to add to iTunes. Save it into a folder marked Album Artwork in my pictures library.

Then I upload the CD into iTunes but before it moves the songs into the cloud, I highlight the songs, right click on the mouse, select 'get information'. Go to the Artwork tab for the highlighted items and then add the CD Cover that I had put into my Album Artwork folder. Seems to make the artwork stick and I have no issues with the artwork on my various devices.

Hope that helps.

Oct 15, 2015 6:11 AM in response to Dave Hossack

I've had this issue on my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.0.2. Pasting every album cover is going to take forever. I have a lot of music.

This happened to me the other day. I powered my iPhone off and back on and then resynced. BINGO. Every piece of artwork was back. Skip ahead to today, every piece of artwork is gone again, except what Apple puts in for the "header" images for artists that match up to their system (I don't use iTunes Match or Apple Music. All my music is in mp3 format synced from iTunes on my iMac).

If I sync again will the artwork reappear? I don't know since I'm at work now and have to wait until later today to try it. I did try syncing multiple times without cycling the power on the iPhone and that does not work. Didn't have time this morning to fool around with it.

Definitely very annoying.

iTunes Match Lost Cover Art

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.