Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to iOS 9.0.2 bad idea?

Okay so a lot of people are having issues right now after updating to 9.0.2.. Should i just not update then because I like being up to date but a lot of people on this discussion board is having troubles with different stuff after updating.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 11:08 PM

5 replies

Oct 13, 2015 3:37 AM in response to Hanest

I strongly suggest that you wait!

I have been having a lot of difficulty unlocking after updating to 9.0.2, and Apple support has been unable to resolve my problem. Read thru this forum and you'll see that a lot of people have been having other problems and can't get help. Just hold tight with the OS you have, and keeping checking forums like this one and the news stories to see when Apple finally fixes this unholy mess.

Oct 13, 2015 3:40 AM in response to Hanest

There were many more complaints about iOS7 and iOS8 but then again, these are technical help forums, so you won't hear from all the millions not having issues here. Many of the issues raised here have already been addressed and solved successful.

But if you are happy with the iOS you are running, then there is no hurry to update.

Cheers

pete

Oct 13, 2015 3:56 AM in response to Hanest

Hanest wrote:

Okay so a lot of people are having issues right now after updating to 9.0.2.. Should i just not update then because I like being up to date but a lot of people on this discussion board is having troubles with different stuff after updating.

Do you mean a lot of people posting to technical forums for help or to complain? Posts you read here, for example, are not an unbiased or representative sample of users. These are the very people who did experience a problem and went looking for a solution. There are many millions of iOS 9 users and for the most part, if they did not have a problem, you will not find any evidence of them online.

For the record I'm running iOS 9.0.2 on an iPhone 5 & 6 and iPad Air 2 with no problems.

Updating to iOS 9.0.2 bad idea?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.