Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

feedburner broke my xml

Hello All,

I started a new podcast and was 3 episodes in when I decided to try and use a feedburner xml. I made a change in my wordpress blog to redirect to the new feedburner xml and it no longer works. Looks like it's not completely valid and didn't feed the new episode. I went back to my wordpress and removed and updated the xml to the original source, which is 100% valid. But how would I go about changing the xml source on Itunes? Will it keep checking the feedburner link or ?

iTunes-OTHER

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 11:36 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 12:01 AM in response to eddyizm

The 'itunes:new-feed-url' redirect, once applied, is permanent. If the Store has in fact redirected to the Feedburner feed you would have either to place the redirect tag in the Feedburner feed or contact Support to get them to move the Store back to the original feed. Feedburner doesn't normally mess up the feed as it simply adds a few tags to the original, but I can't check what is going on unless you post the Store page and feed URLs (both feeds).

To contact Support on this go to https://itunespodcasts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and click the disclosure triangle at the right of the 'Choose a topic' field - choose 'Change feed URL' and proceed from there. Note that you will have redirected any subscribers and Support cannot redirect them back - only placing the tag in the Feedburner feed can do that.

feedburner broke my xml

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.