Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple script to change startup disk and NVIDIA-driver activation

I have 2 SSDs via PCI-Card in my Mac Pro (SSD1 - Yosemite 10.10.5 / SSD2 - Mavericks 10.9.5).

I need a script to to set the startup disk to the other SSD, activate/deactivate the NVIDIA-driver (sudo nvram boot-args="nv_disable=1" / sudo nvram boot-args="nvda_drv=1") and reboot the Computer. Maybe someone can help me with this?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 1:55 AM

5 replies

Oct 13, 2015 6:50 AM in response to Loner T

ok i forgot to mention, that I am a total noob in scripting or BASH. And sorry for my bad English, in german it would be easier to explain.

I think a startable scriptfile is the best solution for my problem.

I have a GTX 970 (no EFI), which I use with the Yosemite-System. Unfortunately I need for some programs Mavericks, which I use with my Radeon HD 5770. With the non-EFI card i dont have the boot-screen, so i cant choose the bootvolume. Also i have to deactivate the NVIDIA-Driver if I want to boot in Mavericks or I get the bootloop (http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/frequently-asked-questions-about-nvidia-pc-n on-efi-graphics-cards.1440150/). So the best solution is a script in my dock, which deactivates/activates the driver, sets the startvolume und reboots, if I want the change the system. I think this script goes in the right direction:

do shell script "bless -mount /Volumes/Name_of_the_other_SSD" -setBoot password "xxxxxx" with administrator privileges

do shell script "sudo nvram boot-args="nv_disable=1"" password "xxxxxx" with administrator privileges

tell application "System Events" to shut down

But once again, Im a total noob, so I dont know what put in the Path-String for the right SSD....

apple script to change startup disk and NVIDIA-driver activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.