Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sync calendars

I do not use iCloud. When attempting to sync from iMAC to iPad and iPod I get the following message every time: "iTunes could not sync calendars to the iPad "MINI" because the iPad disconnected". I did not disconnect the device, I have changed cables, I have read similar problems all to no avail.

Also what are all these "notifications"? They continued to show up on my calendars, blank info, and finally I figured out to go to system preferences and uncheck all the checked marks.

One complaint: After 40+ years of working with computers I am beginning to hate them. Far to much intervention by the manufacturers on my personal computer. Must use this, must use that, nor more privacy must use cloud... Just unloading - thanks.

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 12:30 PM

Hi jmsfmtex,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPad and your iMac. If you continue to have disconnect issues when syncing your iPad to iTunes on your iMac via USB, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support

Regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 12:30 PM in response to jmsfmtex

Hi jmsfmtex,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPad and your iMac. If you continue to have disconnect issues when syncing your iPad to iTunes on your iMac via USB, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful:

Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support

Regards

Oct 13, 2015 12:32 PM in response to brenden dv

Thank you for the very informative and helpful link. However, nothing worked. I even have sync via WiFi and the calendar still does not sync and still gives me an the error msg. In addition I continue to get those pesky notifications and I have no idea where they come from. I do not have any notifications checked in the iMAC, iPad or iPod. I dislike it when companies force things on users.

Unable to sync calendars

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.