Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Events not showing on iMovie 09

I am hoping someone can help, I have checked other questions but not sure I have the answer.

In my folder Movies>imovies events> I have sub folders like 2015, 2014 with sub-sub folders using dates on which video clips were imported from my Sony camcorder in .mov format. When first imported, these folders and the clips appeared in the events section of my iMovie 09, so no problem. But for some reason they are not shown there anymore. I can see the files in finder so they are still there.

I recently cleaned up the countless small clips by arranging into these sub-folders and even shifted a load of clips off the machine onto an external hard drive to make room on my mac. I did this using finder. I hope this is not the reason as I am not sure I can carry on with this pain and I cannot get back to original set up or re-import as I have deleted from camcorder.

I am on a Macbook Pro from 2009 and still running Mac OS X 10.6.8. Thank you for your help

HM

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 1:54 AM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 12:29 PM in response to Mac HM

All moves should be done in iMovie , not Finder, so your problem would appear to be because of this.

This link, put together by AppleMan 1958 , shows how.

How can i move or copy projects and events to an external drive? (Version 9 and earlier)

I have sub folders like 2015, 2014 with sub-sub folders using dates on which video clips were imported

I am assuming that you have created these sub and sub-sub folders in Finder and given them 2015,2014 titles etc, as I have not seen this arrangement

in Finder before, unless importing AVCHD creates different folders to importing HDV, which I use.Which are you using?

Have you created any Projects which rely on these Events? You haven't mentioned Projects ,so perhaps you are at the stage of importing into Events

only at this stage.If you do have Projects then they will not see the associated Event, I assume???

If you cannot put back your clips to the Events as they were originally then you could re-import these clips into iMovie

providing they can be located via Finder, which you say you can see.

In iMovie File>Import>Movies and navigate to your clips.At this point you can select the external drive (i.e. Save To), Create New Event

and whether to COPY or MOVE the Files (Clips).You may wish to copy them to check that it works as expected and delete the originals after.

Do a small experiment first.

If you have previously created Projects that you can no longer use because of the dis-connected clips, then you will have to start the Projects again

with your newly created Events.

Events not showing on iMovie 09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.