Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan and Epson printers

Hello,

having just recently done a "clean" install of El Capitan on an aging iMac Core 2 Duo from 2008 I was a bit disappointed to find my printer was no longer accessible once I'd reloaded my sessions from a Time Machine backup.

Nothing available on the Apple site and nothing from the people at Epson.

After some searching I found this apparently, old link.

Mise à jour des logiciels d’imprimantes EPSON v2.19

It's a hefty file and DL speeds being what they are from Apple, you can make a cup of tea, and probably mow the lawn while this is coming down.

At a glance, it's size would suggest that it covers every Epson printer ever made.

Anyway I'm up and running/printing again.

Hope this helps some people.

BTW - I often find my DL speeds increase if I turn off WiFI - bizarre.

cheers

Ozfrog

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 4 Go RAM

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 8:22 PM

Yep, it works for me.

i can now print after El Capitan clean install.

Previously I could install scanner and was able to scan but could not install print driver, therefore could not print.

After running "Update EPSON printer software v2.19, I can now print. " [Mise à jour des logiciels d’imprimantes EPSON v2.19

Just4Lance, big thanks!

razip

===

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2015 8:22 PM in response to just4Lance

Yep, it works for me.

i can now print after El Capitan clean install.

Previously I could install scanner and was able to scan but could not install print driver, therefore could not print.

After running "Update EPSON printer software v2.19, I can now print. " [Mise à jour des logiciels d’imprimantes EPSON v2.19

Just4Lance, big thanks!

razip

===

El Capitan and Epson printers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.