Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serious Safari problems on IMac

Since a couple of weeks, Safari is not working properly anymore. I run my IMac (OS X 10.6.8) Safari version 5.1.10 and a lot of websites do not open anymore due to 'a security problem'. When I test my software, the system says the software is up to date. What is the best thing I can do in order to have Safari run well again?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 2:59 AM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 9:24 AM in response to verissima

This look like some scam pop-ups.

Quit Safari. Launch Safari from the dock while holding the shift key. If the problem is gone but comes back when Safari is launched normally, go to Safari/Preferences/Extensions and disable (or remove) any extension that you don't remember installing (or that you don't really trust).

If the problem is there even when you launch Safari from the dock while holding shift, download MalwareBytes for free (https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/mac/). Install it, run it, do a scan, delete any files it tells you you should delete.

If the problem is still there, call AppleCare. They will always help you for free for this specific kind of issue.

Serious Safari problems on IMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.