Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto temporarely unavailable

Since about 2 weeks, the AppStore App on my Mac shows an update for iPhoto Version 9.6.1. However, each time I try to download this update, I get the message "This item is temporarely unavailable. Try again later". Now I wunder: When is later?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 13" Mid 2012, 4 GB 1800 MHz DDR3,

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 6:17 AM

This could help, since iPhoto is not supported and not delivered as part of the OS anymore:

Empty the Trash bin;

then drag the iPhoto.app icon from the Applications folder to the Trash bin, do NOT empty the Trash bin;

Open Appstore.app, choose the Purchased tab;

select iPhoto (it should be there), and click install: this will install the latest version, your settings are still there.

Quit Appstore.

Start the iPhoto.app in the Applications folder: it works in Yosemite and ElCapitan.

When satisfied completely, empty the trash bin.

Lex

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 6:17 AM in response to robertfromstaefa

This could help, since iPhoto is not supported and not delivered as part of the OS anymore:

Empty the Trash bin;

then drag the iPhoto.app icon from the Applications folder to the Trash bin, do NOT empty the Trash bin;

Open Appstore.app, choose the Purchased tab;

select iPhoto (it should be there), and click install: this will install the latest version, your settings are still there.

Quit Appstore.

Start the iPhoto.app in the Applications folder: it works in Yosemite and ElCapitan.

When satisfied completely, empty the trash bin.

Lex

Oct 13, 2015 10:17 AM in response to Lexiepex

BTW, iPhoto was never delivered as part of OS X.

Any updates to iPhoto or other iLife apps have always been separate from OS X updates.

That has now changed with Photos, which is integrated into OS X and receives updates with the rest of OS X.

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.0.2

iPhoto temporarely unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.