Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blog pages won't display on the web

I finally upgraded my iMac to El Capitan from Snow Leopard last week.

I still use iWeb for my classroom website. I use the iWeb "blog" to post my daily lessons and homework for my students. I also use the blog entries in my class to show the students what we're doing in class that day.

However... since updating to El Capitan, the blog entries no longer appear on the web page after publishing. Everything is still appears in iWeb as before, but not "live" on the internet.

This is what it looks like http://socialstudiesisswell.net/SullivanClasswebsite/DailyUpdate/Entries/2015/10 /14_Today_in_Social_Studies.html

I have a .pdf file of what it should look like, but I can't figure out how attach the file.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I know that iWeb isn't supported anymore, but I've used this app since 2006 and it always worked.

It would appear that some part of El Capitan doesn't "play well" with iWeb. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

PS. I have sent the same message to my ISP.

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 12:25 PM

There is nothing that your ISP will be able to do to help you with this one, as it sounds like an iWeb issue and ISP's won't get involved if it is an issue with iWeb itself.

If you have just updated your software, then it is highly likely that it is something to do with iWeb. Unfortunately, with all future OS upgrades, iWeb will work less and less efficiently, until it will stop once and for all.

The only suggestion now is that it is time to move on and find new software rather than continuing to use unsupported software.

Take a look at EverWeb and all the other software out there that is available to use.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2015 12:25 PM in response to Joeswell

There is nothing that your ISP will be able to do to help you with this one, as it sounds like an iWeb issue and ISP's won't get involved if it is an issue with iWeb itself.

If you have just updated your software, then it is highly likely that it is something to do with iWeb. Unfortunately, with all future OS upgrades, iWeb will work less and less efficiently, until it will stop once and for all.

The only suggestion now is that it is time to move on and find new software rather than continuing to use unsupported software.

Take a look at EverWeb and all the other software out there that is available to use.

Oct 14, 2015 1:22 PM in response to Ethmoid

Thanks for the reply.

I know that iWeb is history. I know that I should "migrate" to another app.

My problem is that I am old and lazy and cheap. I don't want to learn a new program. I don't want to spend any more money than I already have.

I'm a school teacher and I have the website for my students. I am maybe a year or two from retirement. I wouldn't have a website if I wasn't a teacher. What I really want is some sort of work around. I think I found one. Here it is:

http://socialstudiesisswell.net/SullivanClasswebsite/DailyUpdate/Entries/2015/10 /15_Today_in_Social_Studies.html

Back in 2006 when iWeb first came out, I was an internet "pioneer" in my district. Nine years layer, I still am an internet "pioneer" where I work.

I will check out Everweb. My ISP has some sort of deal with "Weebly."

I truly appreciate it when someone takes the time to help out and shares their knowledge with folks who need it. Thanks so much!

Blog pages won't display on the web

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.