Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I prevent an App I deleted from updating?

I no longer use a particular app so I uninstalled it. Now it keeps showing up in the updated apps list. How do I prevent this?

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 3:38 AM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2015 11:13 AM in response to revalanc

Please test after taking each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. Stop when the problem is resolved. Back up all data before making any changes.

1. With the Updates tab selected, select

Store Reload Page

from the menu bar. It may take a minute or so for the update list to refresh.

2. Open a search window by pressing the key combination command-F in the Finder. Select This Mac as the search scope and search for the app(s) in question by name. Delete any outdated copies that you find.

3. If the search results seem to be inaccurate, rebuild the Spotlight index. If you try to search now, there will be an indication that indexing is in progress.

4. Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.appstore

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Quit the application if it's running. Move the selected item to the Trash. Relaunch the application and test.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

How do I prevent an App I deleted from updating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.