Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Exchange Mail Showing one unread mail

I have configured exchange, outlook and gmail on my iPhone 6. Ever since I have upgraded to iOS 9, my iPhone has started showing the one unread mail. Firstly it showed for hotmail (outlook), I had to delete the account and reconfigure. Now it is showing for my office exchange mail. There is no unread mail in any of the other devices as well as on my server. Please help. Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 2:48 AM

6 replies

Oct 13, 2015 4:11 AM in response to piyugoya

piyugoya wrote:

I have configured exchange, outlook and gmail on my iPhone 6. Ever since I have upgraded to iOS 9, my iPhone has started showing the one unread mail. Firstly it showed for hotmail (outlook), I had to delete the account and reconfigure. Now it is showing for my office exchange mail. There is no unread mail in any of the other devices as well as on my server. Please help. Thanks

I had this problem awhile back on iOS 8.
Your solution can be found here:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7202235

Oct 13, 2015 9:08 AM in response to piyugoya

at the bottom of the first post:

Deleting the account in it's entirety off the phone, sycing, then reinstalling the account resolved the issues.

I almost didn't post this but I figure I would in case anyone else has this weird issue. Moderators feel free to delete if you want.

And in post #3 in reply to someone else:

I mean exactly that. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > My Mail Account > scroll all the way to the bottom and select "DELETE ACCOUNT"

once that is done go back to the main list of your Mail, Contacts, Calendars and at the bottom, click "ADD ACCOUNT" and add it back in from scratch.

direct link for those who wish to see the thread - 22 unread emails, mailbox empty when I open it

Feb 7, 2016 11:55 AM in response to piyugoya

PIyugoya got it worked perfect without deleting the entire account from your phone, which will by the way delete calendars and contact info synced with the mail account your deleting. Go into settings, then mail/contacts/calendars, then select the mail account that shows the unread emails. The first option should be mail, just switch that option off wait a minute then switch back on. After that it's fixed. Thanks piyugoya

iPhone Exchange Mail Showing one unread mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.