Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain calendar events not syncing

I'm syncing my iphone to my Google account, and for the most part it works. However, in this very specific situation, it's failing and I can't figure out why.

I've got Calendar enabled in Settings → Mail, Contacts, Calendars → Gmail, and on both a 3rd party calendar app and the native iphone Calendar, I can see all my Google calendars, create events (in the native app), and get them to sync to Google so I can see them on my desktop.

Then, I made a restaurant booking via opentable.co.uk in safari on my phone. At the end of the booking process, it offers 'Calendar' as a link, and when clicked it opens a 'new event' kind of form - presumably an add-in from the Calendar app. I can see the event has all the right details, I can choose a calendar to add it to from the list of Google calendars, and it appears in the native iphone calendar just fine. But no amount of syncing / refreshing will get this event onto my google calendar so I can see it on my desktop.

If I create a test event right next to the restaurant booking in the local Calendar app, that syncs fine. I can edit the restaurant booking in Calendar, move it to a different Google calendar, etc. But it stubbornly stays only in Calendar, not syncing to Google.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 2:53 AM

There are no replies.

Certain calendar events not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.