Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shazam not opening songs in Apple Music

iPhone 6S. iOS 9.0.2.

When I Shazam a song, I have been picking the option to open it in Apple Music. The Apple Music app will open, but then....nothing. The app just opens to either the home screen or wherever I was in the app last. How can I make this feature work? I want to be able to Shazam songs and then jump into Apple Music and add those songs to a playlist. Why isn't this working and how can I correct it?

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 6:13 AM

https://support.shazam.com/

8 replies

Oct 13, 2015 10:27 AM in response to zpq_12

You're rather presumptuous.

I was giving you an alternate avenue of support. One that is far more likely appropriate than here. If there is an issue with the way Shazam interfaces with Apple Music, the resolution will come from them. Whether it's from them giving you a solution, or them working with Apple's developer support.

Oct 13, 2015 2:06 PM in response to zpq_12

Yes, you presumed my post was condescending, when there was no intent like that at all.

I did offer you help. You just don't like my suggestion - which is as a good one and probably the best, by the way.

I suppose this must be the right place for help, though, given all the other suggestions you can follow... oh wait...

Oct 23, 2015 8:11 AM in response to Imp68

Hey everyone, hope all is well. Just heard back from Shazam support on this and it worked. I pressed the Apple Music tile below the other buttons and it works. Hope this works for you. Please see below:

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We’re working with Apple to optimise and improve the Listen on Apple Music button experience and can appreciate that this can be frustrating for yourself as a user.

In the interim you can use the Apple Music tile further down the page which will allow you to instantly access the song.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope you're able to still enjoy using the app going forward.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support

w: https://support.shazam.com
w: www.shazam.com

Shazam not opening songs in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.