Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps on iPhone not syn. with iTunes

Long story....

I removed all my apps on my iTunes. Too many mixed used e.c.t.

I connected my phone and iPad to allow and syn. the apps from my devices to my iTunes on my iMac.

Problem:

None of my apps will load back into my iTunes. iTunes is still blank..

Can anyone help or advice. Should i delete iTunes and reinstall or is there another option to consider

Thanks in advance for help....

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 6:54 AM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2015 7:14 AM in response to 24bit_192khz_Music

https://developer.apple.com/library/watchos/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDis tributionGuide/AppThinning/AppThinning.html - iOS9 App Thinning > "Slicing is the process of creating and delivering variants of the app bundle for different target devices. A variant contains only the executable architecture and resources that are needed for the target device." ... "The App Store will create and deliver different variants based on the devices your app supports." In order to make apps smaller with iOS9 they are being customized for the specific hardware on which they are to be used. For example the variant of an app downloaded for a retina iPad may not be suitable for a non-retina iPhone. You transferring from an iPad to a computer to an iPhone may result in the wrong version being used and Apple now has it that transfers must be direct from the Store to the device to ensure the correct version is delivered. If you want a backup copy on your computer you can transfer a non-thinned version directly from the Store to the computer which should you need it can be transferred to any i-device.

Oct 13, 2015 7:44 AM in response to 24bit_192khz_Music

Uploading purchases is no longer supported.

The "new improved methods" are:

1. Check for app updates or make purchases in iTunes. Download them to iTunes.

Then connect and sync your iDevice. wait for iTunes download the apps

2. Download the purchase or update to iDevice. Then in iTunes, MANUALLY download

updated apps. MANUALLY download app purchases as well or set iTunes to automatically

download apps (will only happen though if you are signed into iTunes Store). The added bonus here

is you get to download the apps twice.

This is so much simpler and straight forward for the user than just uploading apps.

Oct 13, 2015 8:20 AM in response to 24bit_192khz_Music

In order to make apps smaller with iOS9 they are being customized for the specific hardware on which they are to be used. For example the variant of an app downloaded for a retina iPad may not be suitable for a non-retina iPhone. You transferring from an iPad to a computer to an iPhone may result in the wrong version being used and Apple now has it that transfers must be direct from the Store to the device to ensure the correct version is delivered. If you want a backup copy on your computer you can transfer a non-thinned version directly from the Store to the computer which should you need it can be transferred to any i-device (but will take up more room).

https://developer.apple.com/library/watchos/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDis tributionGuide/AppThinning/AppThinning.html - iOS9 App Thinning > "Slicing is the process of creating and delivering variants of the app bundle for different target devices. A variant contains only the executable architecture and resources that are needed for the target device." ... "The App Store will create and deliver different variants based on the devices your app supports."

Apps on iPhone not syn. with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.