Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to reformat HD in Time Capsule

Hi all, My Time capsule was working ok in my home office on a LAN setup, but has now stopped working as wireless devise, I have a LAN cable with me to Australia (but no hub or switch) but I'm not having any success to get it started, how do I reformat the drive and download latest Time machine software?

Regards

Jan

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 7:41 AM

The Time Capsule is almost certainly going to need a permanent wired Ethernet connection if you want it to become a part of a network.

Are you saying that you are trying to have the Time Capsule connect to the network using wireless only?

If yes, it cannot do that unless the wireless network is being provided by another Apple wireless router.

Please clarify on exactly how you want the Time Capsule to connect to the network and what service that you want the Time Capsule to provide.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 7:41 AM in response to pachooon

The Time Capsule is almost certainly going to need a permanent wired Ethernet connection if you want it to become a part of a network.

Are you saying that you are trying to have the Time Capsule connect to the network using wireless only?

If yes, it cannot do that unless the wireless network is being provided by another Apple wireless router.

Please clarify on exactly how you want the Time Capsule to connect to the network and what service that you want the Time Capsule to provide.

Oct 14, 2015 3:17 PM in response to pachooon

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply but it's still not working, I've now changed Hotel and I the new room has Ethernet with internet that I plugged in to Time Capsule and then connected my two computers to Time Capsule LAN network, but I can't get the Time Machine back up to start, what do I do to run like the initial set up or software update to get the missing drive historical information or to set up a new disc if information is forgotten?

Regards

Jan

How to reformat HD in Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.