Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Touch screen works only to pull up bar from bottom of the screen - not for apps

My iPhone 6 was working normally this morning until I plugged it to charge. After I removed it, the touch screen won't work. None of the apps are opening, my passcode cannot be written and so I have to use my thumb to unlock every time. I tried to switch it off but in order to do so, I need to slide to turn power off , but obviously, the screen does not respond.

The only time the screen responds is when I pull the bar from the bottom of a page where the Torch, Clock, Camera and Calculator are present. I connected it to my laptop to maybe try to work it with iTunes and when the notification came on my phone to trust the computer, instinctively I pressed trust and it worked. Also, I can't answer calls.

Any solutions? I know it's not the screen's issue as it does work to answer notifications.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 7:00 AM

1 reply

iPhone 6 Touch screen works only to pull up bar from bottom of the screen - not for apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.