Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Audiobooks, iCloud or to iPhone

I recently had to restore my iPhone. The process went fairly smooth but now, non of my audiobooks are on my phone. And for some reason, even though i am logged into the same account on both of my computers (iMac and Macbook Pro) the audiobooks are split between the two computers. Thus, since your only allowed to sync your iPhone with one computer...I don't have any of my newer audiobooks on my phone...When right clicking, I have the option to add them to iCloud, but that appears to do nothing.

Running iOS 9.0.2 and OS X El Cap.

Please Help

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), MacBook Air 13" i7, 10.7.3

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:35 AM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 9:54 AM in response to ianfrombaltimore

Audiobooks are a one-time only download from the store, so they won't go into the cloud for redownloading on a different computer or device.

You should be able to copy them to the computer that you sync the phone to e.g.

- control-click one of them on the other computer and select 'show in finder' on the popup (they should all be in a similar place on that Mac)

- copy them via finder to a flash-drive

- copy them onto the phone's computer and add them to its iTunes library via File > Add To Library

Or could AirDrop to copy them instead of a flash-drive.

Or if the two Macs are connected to the same wifi network and you have home sharing enabled (and using the same account on both), then you should be able to copy them via home sharing in iTunes.

Syncing Audiobooks, iCloud or to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.