Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Airplay

I updated to iOS 9 and now my iPad 2 won't airplay. Any ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 10:08 AM

Hi there MrsJWilt,

It sounds like something is either preventing you from using Airplay, or you dont even see the option to start it. I would recommend you take a look at the following article for troubleshooting based on the symptoms you are seeing:

Get help using AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2015 10:08 AM in response to MrsJWilt

Hi there MrsJWilt,

It sounds like something is either preventing you from using Airplay, or you dont even see the option to start it. I would recommend you take a look at the following article for troubleshooting based on the symptoms you are seeing:

Get help using AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Oct 14, 2015 1:43 PM in response to MrsJWilt

Thanks for the update. The way I see it is the router and/or modem may need to be restarted or there is a software issue going on with the iPad.

I would start by unplugging your router and/or modem if it is a combined unit for 30 seconds. Plug them back in and test the issue again when wireless service is restored.

If it persists then I would reset the network settings on the iPad:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

Now, if the issue persists then I would have to suggest backing up your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works on a clean install.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Can't Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.