Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I give my husband his own apple id

my husband and I both have apple 5 phones. I have an apple id, he does not BUT mine is suddenly showing up on his phone and causing all kinds of trouble.

How can I remove my apple id from his phone and give him his own? This only started happening about a month ago and we both have had these phones for over a year and all of a sudden this happens. Thanks

iPhone 5c

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 2:41 AM

He should sign up for his own Apple ID at https://appleid.apple.com/

he will however need a separate email address to sign up and where it asks for a credit card there is an option to not have to put a card in if so inclined

After that he should go to settings>iCloud and log out from your Apple ID then sign in with his new Apple ID

As well go to settings>app and iTunes stores and log out and then sign in with his new Apple id

optimally to really clear out your info from his phone to be sure is a full erase and have him enter his Apple ID but this would erase everything back to factory

go to general>reset>Erase all content and settings. Again everything gets wiped and the phone is set back to factory if you do this

if going this route you can sign up for an Apple ID here on the setup screen when his phone reboots.

this probably happened because iCloud was enabled on your device and he just recently enabled it on his. If you use the same account pretty much all your data will sync on both devices regardless of phone number

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2015 2:41 AM in response to dawnefrom providenceforge

He should sign up for his own Apple ID at https://appleid.apple.com/

he will however need a separate email address to sign up and where it asks for a credit card there is an option to not have to put a card in if so inclined

After that he should go to settings>iCloud and log out from your Apple ID then sign in with his new Apple ID

As well go to settings>app and iTunes stores and log out and then sign in with his new Apple id

optimally to really clear out your info from his phone to be sure is a full erase and have him enter his Apple ID but this would erase everything back to factory

go to general>reset>Erase all content and settings. Again everything gets wiped and the phone is set back to factory if you do this

if going this route you can sign up for an Apple ID here on the setup screen when his phone reboots.

this probably happened because iCloud was enabled on your device and he just recently enabled it on his. If you use the same account pretty much all your data will sync on both devices regardless of phone number

how do I give my husband his own apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.