Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID is my primary email address I no longer use this how do I replace

MY apple ID is my primary email address which I do not use any more I have tried repeatedly to replace the old email address but I just get the information that I can not use an existing email address

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3, iPad

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 7:25 AM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2015 9:50 AM in response to Tomhip

Howdy Tomhip

from > Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

Change your Apple ID

Learn how to change the email address that you use as your Apple ID.

In most cases, your Apple ID is also the primary email address of your Apple ID account. You can change your Apple ID to any other email address you control, as long as it's not already in use as an Apple ID. If your email address ends with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com, it's already an Apple ID.

The way I read this is that - Yes, you can use a "pre-used, but NO longer being used" email address as a Primary Email Address.

IF, the system is not allowing the use of an email address you control, it is either:

• making an error die to some snafu in the database
    OR
  • it IS being used as another Apple ID

From this Welcome page > https://www.apple.com/support/appleid/ , choose Contact Support from the ToC on the left to get started in the process - in 'context' of Apple ID

Change your Apple ID

Learn how to change the email address that you use as your Apple ID.

My Apple ID is my primary email address I no longer use this how do I replace

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.