Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone battery expanding

Of recent, my iPhone 5 screen started detterching it self frI'm the rest of the screen... I know beyond reasonable dought that it's the battery expanding and pushing the screen out... Any ideas on what I should do...!!! Oh and it becomes disturbingly hot... What should I do... Any ideas???

User uploaded file

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 5:57 AM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2015 8:33 AM in response to Size54

my local iphone servicing company replaced the battery for $50 while I waited. took an hour. don't wait to get that done. there is no warranty left on this for iphones, but you might be able to check the serial number online with apple, as some iphone 5 had a replacement covered.

Be aware that some are reporting the camera and flashlight could have an issue after the repair, or because of the battery swelling. good luck.

Oct 13, 2015 8:45 AM in response to Size54

It's worth unplugging it from any charging device. Back it up and switch it off and visit an apple store. the battery will need replacing sadly, but it could have effected the camera too. It's worth visiting a apple store as it could come under a recall program as they did have a battery issues i believe so they can check this.

Good luck! 🙂

iPhone battery expanding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.