Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refresh iPad emails

How do you refresh an iPad email that you have read but now displays the notice "This email has not downloaded from the server"?

iPad, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 7:54 AM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2015 12:12 PM in response to yankmojo

Hi yankmojo,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I'm sure we can help you figure this out, but we may need a bit more information on what exactly you are seeing or describing. If you could clarify a couple things, it would help us determine exactly what you are experiencing:

1. Where exactly are you seeing this message, and in what context (i.e. does it pop up after you do something specific)? Is the quoted text the exact text of the message? Does it say anything else or give any further options?

2. Are you seeing this on all of your email messages, or just some of them? If just some, is there any sort of pattern to the ones it is showing on (all the same sender, all have attachments, all from the same day, etc)?

Please let us know, and we'll see if we can take it from there.

Cheers

Oct 16, 2015 8:25 AM in response to brenden dv

1. I am seeing the message in the body of where the email content should be. It appears on selected messages primarily on those received in September. I had viewed the messages and their attachments but now when I go to recall the email the Form & To lines as well as the subject line with date and time of receipt appear and along with the notice "This message has not been downloaded from the server" which appears in Italic in the body space of the email. No further instruction or option.

2. I am seeing this occur on selected emails but without pattern. The same sender will have emails I can retrieve and emails I can't. There doesn't seem to be any time or date relationship, except that it hasn't happened since 10/1.

Not exactly an earth shaking problem. Just annoying that I have to go to my iMac to retrieve some of the messages or their attachments. The iPad is about 2 years old, the operating system is 9.0.2 and with the exception of some ongoing Bluetooth problems have not had any major issues.

Is there a way to request the server to resend these emails or refresh them?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Happy Trails

Oct 16, 2015 8:19 AM in response to yankmojo

1. I am seeing the message in the body of where the email content should be. It appears on selected messages primarily on those received in September. I had viewed the messages and their attachments but now when I go to recall the email the Form & To lines as well as the subject line with date and time of receipt appear and along with the notice "This message has not been downloaded from the server" which appears in Italic in the body space of the email. No further instruction or option.

2. I am seeing this occur on selected emails but without pattern. The same sender will have emails I can retrieve and emails I can't. There doesn't seem to be any time or date relationship, except that it hasn't happened since 10/1.

Not exactly an earth shaking problem. Just annoying that I have to go to my iMac to retrieve some of the messages or their attachments. The iPad is about 2 years old, the operating system is 9.0.2 and with the exception of some ongoing Bluetooth problems have not had any major issues.

Is there a way to request the server to resend these emails or refresh them?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Happy Trail

Refresh iPad emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.