Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

By withdrawing HOPSTOP, Apple is hurting disabled city dwellers like me. MAPS does not provide the varied trip info I need to plan trips in advance.

is there something I'm missing? I've upgraded my devices, but the "trip planning" in Maps is woefully inequipped to help someone like me (not wheelchair-bound but severely restricted by chronic pain - I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome). Transit options change in NYC constantly - we have work being done on different lines at different times, we have more or fewer trains at different times, weekend changes are always insane. With HOPSTOP, I could plan my trips in advance based on when I needed to arrive on specific days and times. I could see all my options. I could make changes if need be, if my other app (Wheely) showed elevators out of service, etc. But Apple Maps just tells me how long a specific trip will take RIGHT NOW. For those of us with physical limitations, this is making an already difficult situation MUCH harder. I relied heavily on HOPSTOP, and Maps is nowhere near filling that gap - and even if it's "on the way", that's not going to help me now.

PLEASE keep supporting the HOPSTOP app until the time when Apple Maps truly has the same functionality. Our lives in big cities are hard enough already.

Thank you,

Cyrilla Baer Pond

www.CyrillaBaer.com

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 6:57 AM

There are no replies.

By withdrawing HOPSTOP, Apple is hurting disabled city dwellers like me. MAPS does not provide the varied trip info I need to plan trips in advance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.