Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to play some purchased songs on my 5c, i get a pop up message iTunes match required, this item cannot be downloaded because you are not subscribed to iTunes match, even though i have never been?

When trying to play some of my purchased songs on my 5c, i get a pop up message saying 'iTunes match required' this item cannot be downloaded

because you are not subscribed to iTunes match, even though have never been😕

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 8:09 AM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2015 2:48 PM in response to munnski

Hi munnski,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone. I'm sure we can help you out with this, but it may be useful to get just a bit more info on what exactly you are seeing:

1. You said this is happening with some songs, but presumably not all; do you see any pattern with which ones are affected?

2. What do the songs look like in the Music app? Are they greyed out? Do they have an icon next to them?

3. Are these songs that have been purchased from the iTunes Music Store? (I know you said they were purchased, but I just wanted to confirm from where)

4. Are you currently signed up for any other music-related Apple services, like Apple Music and/or iCloud Music Library?

Please let us know, and we should have a better idea of what may be going on.

Cheers

Oct 14, 2015 11:00 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brendan

1,All the songs affected are purchased from iTunes.

2.They are greyed out, but have no icon next to them. When i click to the right

of the song and click make available offline i get iTunes match required pop up.

4.Turned off apple music and iCloud library months ago. As i have over 25,000 songs it was

giving me loads of problems. But these songs have only had problems with in the last few days.

Many Thanks John.

When trying to play some purchased songs on my 5c, i get a pop up message iTunes match required, this item cannot be downloaded because you are not subscribed to iTunes match, even though i have never been?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.