Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm locked out of my iPad

We have a 3rd Generation iPad that we bought for our kids back when they first came out. about a year ago, I created a new apple ID and password for them so that I could text them from work. Since you cannot create an account for a minor, I faked the birthday to make the account appear as if for an adult. I never wrote it down. big mistake. I forgot the password so when I attempted to change it, I was given 2 options - have an email sent (which I am locked out of without the password) or go through the security questions (which start with the birthday). So I have neither the password or phony birth date. As a last resort, I tried restoring the iPad but apple account is still linked even after a restore. Now I am totally locked out. Called apple support but they will not help without paying for it. There must be something I can do to get on this thing. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

iPad, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 7:36 AM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 12:11 PM in response to lashaw

Hi lashaw,

If I understand correctly, you are not able to sign in with the Apple ID password. You do not have the birthdate it is asking for. You mentioned you did not have it send verification to a recovery email address. I would recommend you read these articles, they should be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Select Email authentication, then click Next. Apple will send the email to your primary or rescue email address that you can use to reset your password.

About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Rescue email address
This is an optional email address that you can add to your account for more security. You can see it by signing in to My Apple ID and checking under Password and Security.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Take Care

I'm locked out of my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.