Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Download ePubs from Safari

My mother has an iPad Mini 1, iOS 9.0.2. She used to be able to download books from some websites by tapping a link on the page for the .epub and it would show that "Open in iBooks..." screen. Now when she taps the link nothing happens, the loading bar goes across then the page stays the same. I can replicate it on her iPad, but mine (Air 2, 9.0.2) has no issue downloading her books. I tried to download onto mine and email to her but that didn't seem to work. Copying and pasting the direct download link into the address bar did nothing. Is this an issue with iOS or should I contact the website? Thanks.

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 6:55 AM

2 replies

Oct 17, 2015 9:59 AM in response to superiormac

I was having the same problem. One suggestion was to reset all settings. That worked for others, but it did not for me. Then I read a suggestion to clear my history, and it worked! You just go to settings> safari> clear history and website data. I don't know if it was doing both that worked or if it was just clearing my history. You might try just clearing history first and if that doesn't work, "reset all settings" then "clear history". Now I can download all epubs normally. Hope this works for you!

Can't Download ePubs from Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.