Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add Destination Blank under Share Project Menu.

Hello,

Destinations is not populating under the Share Project menu and remains blank for all standard users. Our students log in with standard permissions and this configuration was not an issue on OS 10.9.5/FCP 10. The kicker here is that our local admin account CAN see all Destinations under the Share Project menu. I have tried adjusting permissions to the FCPX app and deleted prefs. (found in other threads) with no resolution. This is occurring in 10.2.1 and 10.2.2.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a resolution?

I have also tested this on my laptop OS 10.11 with the same result as above.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 7:02 AM

11 replies

Oct 13, 2015 9:27 AM in response to Jaguar0620

I tried running FCP X on the guest account on my mac (running 10.11) and there was no problem with the destinations, so it seems to be something specific to your setup and not general problem with standard accounts everywhere - which could be, since most people who run FCP X do so from an admin account.

I understand this is a very serious issue, as you certainly can't turn those student account into admin - all **** would break loose...

Oct 14, 2015 8:43 AM in response to Jaguar0620

I found what the issue was/is. In the past, we have copied the FCP app file out of Applications to a network storage location for further deployments. When deploying FCP to new macs in the field (outside of certain images we create), we have just copied the app file over from the network with no issue. There must have been some changes with FCP because we no longer can copy the app file over and have full functionality. (missing Destinations) I was able to pull to app down from the App Store during testing (after cleaning out the original) and the problem was solved.

I want to thank all who have responded in an effort to assist and hopefully if anyone has this issue in the future they will find this thread and this solution.

Add Destination Blank under Share Project Menu.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.