Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lines When Sharing Screens

I am working on an computer for a friend and it is having some strange issues that I hope are software related. When I connect via Share Screen it shows up initially fine for logging in. After that is shows up with a bunch of lines and cannot be read or seen. This computer was damaged during a lightning strike however I do not understand why the login screen would work fine then once the user loads it would no longer be working correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I do not know the specs of the computer because I cannot access anything beyond the login screen.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 7:48 AM

4 replies

Oct 21, 2015 12:37 PM in response to SciFii

New information. This only happens when booting up in the MacPro Tower. When I boot up the hard drive externally with my drive reader and a 2006 iMac it works flawlessly. It only has issues in the MacPro tower after logging in. I removed the video card from the Mac Pro tower and it still has the same issue.

Oct 21, 2015 1:58 PM in response to SciFii

I do not understand why the login screen would work fine then once the user loads it would no longer be working correctly.

The login screen, in Safe mode, using Installer, and using Recovery mode all use what I call "simple graphics". No graphics drivers are loaded, and the processor does all the drawing into the screen buffer.

In regular mode after you login, graphics drivers are loaded and the installed graphics card is used. If you have removed the "real" graphics card, I do not know what is supposed to happen, but that messed up screen with stripes is perfectly believable, as there may be no real screen buffer available.

You have asked to share the screen buffer, then removed the card with the screen buffer to be shared.

Lines When Sharing Screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.