Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I click on an app and it does not show up

I click on an application and the black dot shows up below it but the application itself never does appear on the screen. And yes, it has "suddenly" occurred.
I've used this application post El Capitan download and install. This morning the application just so happens to not want to work.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 8:50 AM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2015 9:03 AM in response to Riseaboveit24

Hello,

I understand that this can be annoying. If you would like to provide us with more information like:

1. Which application is this? Third party or apple application? Or all the applications?

2. Have you checked the activity monitor to see if the app is listed there?

3. Does it happen at the same time while doing something else?

4. Have you made any changes recently to your iMac?

Also I would suggest to create a new test account and try the app in the new account and let us know if the same issue occurs on the test account. 🙂

Oct 13, 2015 9:08 AM in response to S.I.A.

uTorrent for the Mac. I'ts been working flawlessly for quite some time and suddenly this morning, it copped an attitude.

I didn't even think about the activity monitor, at all. haha!

I had all other applications closed at one point and focused solely on this app and it stubbornly persisted in it's hide and seek game I refused to play along with. The change I made recently was installing El Capitan. I honestly haven't experienced any obvious drawbacks from that install............ until now.

Side note - thank you for the rather prompt response.

I click on an app and it does not show up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.