Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change back up source

I recently received an iPad back from getting fixed and when choosing which device to use to back up I chose the wrong one. The apps and such put onto it are from another iPad on the iCloud, can this be changed to get the right back up?

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 8:01 AM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 12:21 PM in response to Dunc257

Greetings Dunc257,

Based on what you stated, it seems like you restored from the wrong backup. You would like to restore from a different iCloud backup. I would recommend you read this article, it should be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Restore from an iCloud backup to a device you already set up

The only way to restore from an iCloud backup is through the Setup Assistant. To get to the Setup Assistant on a device you already set up, you'll need to erase all the content on your device and set it up again.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Take Care

How to change back up source

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.