Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I resolve the Podcast unavailable error?

Apparently starting on or around October 9th, 2015, I specific Podcast that I subscribe to will no longer stream or download. 😕

I have tried restarting the app, rebooting my device, unsubscribing to the Podcast and resubscribing.., and nothing works. 😠

I am looking for a simple solution to get this issue resolved so that I can listen to the Podcasts that I subscribe to.., isn't that what the App is supposed to do? 😊

I really don't want to 'rebuild' my phone.., doesn't seem like I should have to but I have this scary feeling that is what I will be told... 😢

Thanks in advance for your help with this issue!! 😀

Paul

iPhone 6 Plus, Windows 10, Latest OS

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:47 AM

5 replies

Oct 13, 2015 9:52 AM in response to paulfromsaint louis

Try the simple stuff first. Force the phone to restart by holding the home button and the power button at the same time for about 7-8 seconds until it shuts off/restarts.

I know this sounds really simple but this clear caches and internet settings better than simply turning the phone off.

This guy had the same issue and all he did was hard reset the device and it solved the issue. He had an older iOS though.

Which iOS are you using?

Oct 14, 2015 9:09 PM in response to paulfromsaint louis

Same problem here. I use Podcasts on an iPod Touch during my drive commute. It is important to me, for safety, to manage the podcast very easily. That is gone. They have really ruined my experience in several ways.The large icons of my podcasts are gone, and as the others have said, listen carefully because 'there's no going back.' I use an Android based phone but have enjoyed the iPod (iPhone without the phone). Since the utility of the Podcasts is the biggest draw for me, I may dump Apple altogether. I was considering an iPad mini, but I'm really not so sure now.Pocket Casts for Android seems to have many happy users.

Nov 8, 2015 9:14 AM in response to larryvitale

Update: I went ahead and bought Pocket Casts, hoping it will serve in place of the earlier Apple Podcasts. I was disappointed . Yes the control to go back 30 seconds is fairly easy to find, and in fact can be modified to any number of seconds. But the overall experience is not as good as the Apple Podcasts. I don't see a way to set auto deletes after listening. Every podcast has to be deleted individually, with at least 3 clicks per delete. In short, I will continue my search for a better podcast app. Any suggestions welcome.

How do I resolve the Podcast unavailable error?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.