Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app on iOS9- Search not working, unless note updated individually.

Hi there,

We have several reports of clients using Apple native Notes app on their iOS devices, that the search function is not working.

The notes appear as normal but when you try to do a search it doesn't come up with anything.

We have found that if you update the note, it will become searchable. For instance adding a line, or deleting a word and re-adding it back.

I have clients with literally hundreds of notes. Is there anyway I can fix this without manually updating every single note entry?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 8:31 AM

3 replies

Feb 18, 2016 7:02 PM in response to t.codey

I have realized that I have the same issue with my iPhone. I can see hundreds of notes in there but if I search for a word that's in an older note it does NOT find it (so basically any note that's more than a month or so old). C'mon Apple, it seems we get so many of these little glitches these days. Any ideas for a fix or workaround that doesn't involve a complete phone reset?

UPDATE: I found a simple solution by doing more searching... and it worked!

Notes search function not working iOS device...

Notes app on iOS9- Search not working, unless note updated individually.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.