Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro (early 2011) shuts down after it has been on for an hour or so, despite setting the energy saver to 'never' for both battery and power adaptor. It interrupts back ups to icloud library or to hard drive via time machine.

My macbook pro (early 2011) shuts down after it has been on for an hour or so, despite setting the energy saver to 'never' for both battery and power adaptor. It interrupts back ups to the icloud library, or to my hard drive via time machine, making them virtually impossible to complete. I am somewhat non-technical but would apreciate any help you can give. Thanks

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 8:58 AM

6 replies

My macbook pro (early 2011) shuts down after it has been on for an hour or so, despite setting the energy saver to 'never' for both battery and power adaptor. It interrupts back ups to icloud library or to hard drive via time machine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.