Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to delete an update notification for iPhoto from my updates section in the App Store?

I have an update notification for iPhoto in the updates list for the App Store. Is there a way to delete it since the iPhoto material is no longer available from Apple. I keep getting a message that the update is "unavailable." I'm running El Capitan on a Macbook Pro.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:33 AM

To delete the update notification either update iPhoto to version 9.6.1 or delete the incompatible version from your Applications folder. You will see the update alert as long as Spotlight is seeing an incompatible version of iPhoto installed.

As to the iPhoto update: You can only update iPhoto to version 9.6.1, if iPhoto is showing in your Purchases history at the App Store. Check the fourth tab "Purchases".

See Barney's user tip:
Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

The procedure outlined there is working again in many cases.

It was a temporary glitch at the AppStore that made updating impossible, or Apple reconsidered:

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/29/older-software-returns-mac-app-store/

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 9:33 AM in response to millde70

To delete the update notification either update iPhoto to version 9.6.1 or delete the incompatible version from your Applications folder. You will see the update alert as long as Spotlight is seeing an incompatible version of iPhoto installed.

As to the iPhoto update: You can only update iPhoto to version 9.6.1, if iPhoto is showing in your Purchases history at the App Store. Check the fourth tab "Purchases".

See Barney's user tip:
Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

The procedure outlined there is working again in many cases.

It was a temporary glitch at the AppStore that made updating impossible, or Apple reconsidered:

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/29/older-software-returns-mac-app-store/

Is there a way to delete an update notification for iPhoto from my updates section in the App Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.