Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to tell good cookies from bad cookies?

Currently there are 1,932 cookies stored in my Safari (9.0). Many have names that don't reveal their source or purpose. I'd like to clean out the junk ones and keep the good ones, without going through them one by one. Has anyone tackled this and have a good solution? Using Yosemite 10.10.5 and it's October 13, 2015.

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 1:43 PM

Hello PeterBphoto,

If I understand correctly, you have many cookies and you want to get rid of some of them but not all of them. I would recommend you read this article, it should be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Safari 9 (El Capitan): Manage cookies and website data

Changing your cookie preferences or removing cookies and website data in Safari may change or remove them in other apps, including Dashboard.

Choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy, then do any of the following:

Change which cookies and website data are accepted: Select a “Cookies and website data” option:

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 1:43 PM in response to PeterBphoto

Hello PeterBphoto,

If I understand correctly, you have many cookies and you want to get rid of some of them but not all of them. I would recommend you read this article, it should be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Safari 9 (El Capitan): Manage cookies and website data

Changing your cookie preferences or removing cookies and website data in Safari may change or remove them in other apps, including Dashboard.

Choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy, then do any of the following:

Change which cookies and website data are accepted: Select a “Cookies and website data” option:

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Take care

Oct 13, 2015 1:47 PM in response to mario49

mario49,

Thanks for your note. The article is helpful in understanding the cookie settings in Safari. I'm leaning towards 'Remove All' website data (cookies) and starting with a clean slate. I realize in the beginning after doing so I'll have to enter passwords and other stuff, but going through 1,923 cookies one by one is unrealistic. They give me the creeps–like some kind of parasite on my skin! Yuk!

How to tell good cookies from bad cookies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.