Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About to lose my job over this laptop

SO

2 Months ago I purchased a brand new 15" Macbook pro with retina display as well as applecare extended warranty.

Within weeks my laptop had developed issues with its display and after many many support sessions, apple finally agreed to bring it in for repair. This took a week.

Now this is a problem as my job is 100% reliant on having a working laptop. So i was forced to take a week off work as I had no laptop to work from.

The laptop came back and within 1 week new problems had occurred with the charging and the a weird and loud tick tock noise coming form the laptop. I again contacted apple, obviously unhappy that I was having issues again after just having received my laptop back. I was told they needed to do a diagnostic. I asked what happened to the one just performed in my repair. They claimed one was never done. I contacted the repair company myself and the provided me with a copy of the report and proof apple had it. When I mentioned it they suddenly changed their story from "one was never done" to "yes well we need a new one anyway" never once acknowledging that I was lied to.

So my laptop has gone away again, I am now in my second week of not having it (3 in total for those playing at home) and they claim they can find no fault, even when I have provided a recording of the noise. They now want my charger as well. Which means it will be 4 weeks without my laptop.

I am now using an old machine to try do my work but its simply not powerful enough, its not the new macbook I purchased. As such my employer is growing increasingly annoyed with me and I am so far behind in my work its ridiculous. If this goes on any longer I will lose my job.

When I asked apple when they would finally admit it needed replacement, rather then constantly putting me out and risking my job, they told me there was "no criteria" for a replacement. I asked how they can ever know if something needs replacement if there is no criteria to follow and i was told "we do things on a case by case basis" I asked again how that is any different from them just making up criteria on the spot. At this point the consultant got ***** with me and raised his voice, I was already distraught and asked him not to speak that way to me, he told me I was "making things up".

When I lived in Australia, the service I got form Apple was second to none, I staunchly defended this brand and always bought apple laptop, phones and iPads.

The UK has been a different experience all together. I've lodged complaints, left feedback, left feedback on the product, on the support. And no one has the decency to even let me know what is happening and at what point I get a working laptop back.

I am disgusted by this behaviour, I image its companies like apple who have provided such poor support that got the consumer rights laws recently changed. All I want is my laptop replaced, so I can get on with my life and my work. An apology wouldn't be turned away either.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012), iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:01 AM

There are no replies.

About to lose my job over this laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.