Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did i receive a plist error when signing into App store?

Received notice of upgrades to iPhoto and iMovie, tried signing in to App Store and received the plist parsing error. What is it, can I fix it?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 10:05 AM

7 replies

Oct 13, 2015 11:16 AM in response to Old Toad

I have not seen that message yet, OT, since iPhoto is up to date om my Macs.

Are you on El Cap or Yosemite like in jmartinarch's profile signature?

And does it happen for both iMovie and iPhoto or only for iPhoto?

For iPhoto we know, that the update message is a red herring and will never work, since Apple pulled iPhoto from the AppStore, but for iMovie it is disconcerting.

Oct 13, 2015 11:30 AM in response to léonie

It's working for me now. I had two App Store accounts and when I got them straightened out I got the update/download working.

I just have to remember which accounts go with which apps. Don't know how got that messed up.

UPDATE: One thing that confused me is that the new iMovie 10.1 (as listed at the App Store) Downloads and shows as 10.0.9 in the Finder.

Oct 13, 2015 1:08 PM in response to jmartinarch

For iPhoto try Barney's User Tip. Reinstall from your Purchases history instead of updating. Apple removed iPhoto from the AppSTore, because it is no longer developed, so the usual update does not work any longer.

You can only update iPhoto to version 9.6.1, if iPhoto is showing in your Purchases history at the App Store. Check the fourth tab "Purchases".

See Barney's user tip:
Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

The procedure outlined there is working again in many cases.

It was a temporary glitch at the AppStore that made updating impossible, or Apple reconsidered:

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/29/older-software-returns-mac-app-store/

Why did i receive a plist error when signing into App store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.