Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since ios update 9.0.2 my screen goes black, apps crash, connectivity issues

Since updating to 9.0.2 my screen will just go black. My apps especially facebook freezes up and crashes regularly and connectivity goes up and down. And strangely, Siri will just pop up when just laying on the table. This is frustrating and Im hoping that Apple is trying to get a fix on this. 😠

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:27 AM

6 replies

Oct 13, 2015 9:36 AM in response to arcoarenababy

Reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not work, and to make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone.

If the phone works as before the update, restore from the latest backup. Make sure to download new versions of your Facebook app or those 3rd party apps that crash to iTunes on your computer. Then restore from the backup.

If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Oct 13, 2015 9:56 AM in response to Ingo2711

Your solution will not help this issue. Not sure where I sounded like I didn't know what I was doing before going on this discussion. Ive already tried all of this. And All my apps ARE up to date. The problems remain the same. Thanks for trying tho. A person who was not tech savvy could have issues with your explanation. I myself would not try your solution. Sorry.

Oct 13, 2015 10:24 AM in response to arcoarenababy

Sorry, but you did not mention in your original post what you already tried to solve the problem.

That's why I pointed you to the steps that are usually taken, to make sure that no 3rd party apps are causing these problems.

These steps are Reset and Restore from backup and finally, if all these things do not work, Restore to factory settings.

If you contact Apple Support, they will ask you to do the same things before they decide if you can send the device in for service.

And, the blue link will provide an Apple help article, for those users who are, as you called it, "not tech savvy".

Since ios update 9.0.2 my screen goes black, apps crash, connectivity issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.