Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not picking up iPhone 6 Plus

Ever since I updated to iOS 9, iTunes on my PC will no longer pick up my iPhone.

I am using an iPhone 6 Plus which is running iOS 9.0.2 and my iTunes is running version 12.3.0.44 (all the latest versions).

When I plug my phone into my PC via USB, the PC picks it up and I can browse through the photo albums through Windows Explorer no problem, but iTunes does not find any device at all which means I'm unable to sync my phone or back it up.

Any ideas?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 1:13 PM

Found this on another thread which solved my issue.

Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver Software.

• Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
  • Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
  • Click the Have Disk button. Note: If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and then click next. The Have Disk button should then appear.
  • Click the Browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
  • Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).
  • Click Open in the Have Disk window. Then, click Next and then Click Finish. Windows will install the driver.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 1:13 PM in response to Jamie Dabrowiecki

Found this on another thread which solved my issue.

Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver Software.

• Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
  • Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
  • Click the Have Disk button. Note: If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and then click next. The Have Disk button should then appear.
  • Click the Browse button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
  • Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).
  • Click Open in the Have Disk window. Then, click Next and then Click Finish. Windows will install the driver.

iTunes not picking up iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.