Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting this message constantly: This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone

I am getting this message constantly: This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone. It would make sense if I had something plugged into it, but there is NOTHING! Sitting on my desk it happens. Opening the phone it happens. It drives me nuts especially because it will pop up in the middle of me doing something and then I have to dismiss it. First world problems, I know. It just pops up throughout the day. I have the 6+ and all updates are current. It started about 3 or 4 weeks ago and will not go away. I took it to the ATT store and while I was in there, for an hour, it never popped up. UGH! Any insight on this?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2, Provider: ATT

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 11:20 AM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 11:25 AM in response to Rkline71

Are you using any type of Bluetooth device? Maybe a car radio or headset? I had this pop up when I plugged my phone into my car stereo, but it would work anyway.

There may be something it is trying to auto connect with, like a portable speaker. Try turning Bluetooth and maybe even Wifi off for a while and see what happens. Could be connecting to another person's hotspot using a non Apple device. There could be a bunch of things the iPhone is trying to connect with.

Could also try a hard reset by holding the power and home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds. This is more effective at clearing bad caches and internet settings then simply turning the phone off.

Getting this message constantly: This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.