Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought a iphone 4 off somebody and i brought it home and i cant use the phone because its activation locked through icloud. i tried getting ahold of them but he isnt answering what can i do?

i had bought a iphone 4 on craigslist and the person i brought it from wont answer my texts or calls when i try to reach him to get the email and password to get the icloud to unlock, i need help what do i do?

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:17 AM

Ask Craigslist for a refund, or if you suspect that the iPhone was lost or stolen, contact the police.

You won't be able to activate or use that iPhone; Apple won't unlock it for you.

(134871)

5 replies

Oct 14, 2015 12:10 PM in response to zackblack918

Did you get the proof of purchase from the seller? If you did so you can call Apple and ask them if they can unlock it for you. If the device is owned by a company the companys name will have to be written on the proof of purchase and you will need to speak with Apples enterprise department in Ireland (Call Apple and they will transfer you to them). If Apple is able to remove the activation lock all you have to do is restore device by doing recovery mode with a computer that has iTunes installed. If the device is Lost Mode Apple won't have a chance of removing the activation lock!

i bought a iphone 4 off somebody and i brought it home and i cant use the phone because its activation locked through icloud. i tried getting ahold of them but he isnt answering what can i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.