Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop repeating events on apple calendar app and reminder app?

I think I honestly absolutely hate the calendar app and the reminder app. It's actually very frustrating to use! I specifically set events to send notifications daily, and then stop at a certain date, and they NEVER STOP!! Just now I set an event for 2 days from now. I set it for Oct. 15, from 11 to 12. I made SURE to specifically set it to 'repeat NEVER', and to give me an alert 15 mins before the start of the event. Yet when I go on my calendar and look, this same event that I specifically ordered to NEVER repeat, is scheduled on my calendar for THE NEXT 2 YEARS. ***. And on every day after the one I set, the event is set as 'repeat daily'! What? WHY?? Why is this a repeating event?? I never made it a repeating event, I specifically set it not to be a repeating event, so why does it constantly tell me it's a repeating event?? This is the same thing for my Reminders app! I set a reminder for a certain event on a certain day, I set it so that it reminds me for a certain amount of time, and I assume that it'll do as I set it, but NOPE. It'll remind me about the same event EVERY SINGLE DAY, long after the date has passed, and it pops up as a notification that comes RIGHT BACK as soon as I close my phone, EVERY TIME. Sometimes it'll come back while I'm still using my phone, in which case I hit "mark event as completed", and then it goes away, only to come back right again the next day. Is this just my phone app, that does things like this? Because nothing I do, short of just deleting my events altogether and erasing it from the app manually will make these apps just SHUT UP. I've switched to using third-party apps, bc at least they work better and can be deleted from my phone, instead of being malfunction-y and unused and taking up space like my calendar and reminder app.

iPod touch

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:23 AM

There are no replies.

How to stop repeating events on apple calendar app and reminder app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.