Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s battery last only 6hs

Hello,

So I just bought a used iphone 5s, the problem is that the battery only last 6 hours (standby) or 1 hour (usage). It doesn't mater how much I use it, it always last the same. I can leave it unused overnight or play games constantly, it only last 6 hours. I tried all the possible settings and nothing seems to work. So I changed the battery, and It had no result, it keep lasting 6 hours. Am I going crazy here or whats going on? I even restore it and set it up as new phone with no result. I have the latest IOS 9.0.2.

Helpppp

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:39 AM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2015 9:54 AM in response to adeur20

Probably apps running in the background are causing this, sometimes Mail get's stuck connecting to the mail server, or some social media app like Facebook can also be a reason for prolonged background activity.

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not help, setting it up as new device would be the next step:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Maybe also take a look at this page about battery drainage

If you or a 3rd party repair shop replaced the battery, Apple will not service that phone anymore, even if you are willing to pay for it.

If Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider did that, bring it back and ask them to check the phone.

iphone 5s battery last only 6hs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.