Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using domain name in email address

I have a domain name for my business website and an email address associated with it. For 15 years now, I've set mail up so that emails I send show this email address, rather than my mac.com or me.com address. At some point, one of the OS updates changed that, and there does not seem to be an option for setting mail up this way anymore. Is that true? Do I have to advertise me.com every time i send an email? Is this what Apple is about now? It's not enough that my wife and I have 2 iPhones, 2 iPads, an iPad mini, a MacBook and 4 iMacs between us, we also have serve as advertisements?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 11:16 AM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2015 9:55 AM in response to kguess

Try Mail/Preferences/Accounts /Account Information. Select an account, then go to Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP). From the drop down menu select Edit SMPT server list. Then set up a server for each mail account so that is associated with the e-mail address. Then go to each account and set that server as the Outgoing Mail Server (SMPT). You can click Use only this server if desired.

Mail/Preferences/Composing/Send to messages from - set to account of selected mailbox.

Oct 14, 2015 10:28 AM in response to Eric Root

In Help, it says that the server name is "The address of the server, as directed by your account provider." Apple/icloud is my account provider, is it not? What am I supposed to put under the address of this server that's different from the address (p19-smtp.mail.me.com) under my existing iCloud server?

But now I have new problem. Yesterday, I was unable to change the Email Address—which has been the reply-to address—under Account Information. But today, I could. So I changed it to kevin@pskg.net. A new alias was created called "Kevin Guess <kevin@pskg.net>" and it is now the only alias listed. That seemed strange, but Mail accepted it. Except that now I cannot send mail using the server iCloud (I have not done what you suggested yet, so I have not done anything to change the server in the Outgoing Mail Server list). I get the "Try with selected server" message. I can send mail using my gMail account.
he email address back, but now if I change anything, trying to save it freezes mail. I can only get out the save dialogue by forcing mail to quit.

Using domain name in email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.