Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not print to business copier w/ new El Capitan OS

I have a new MacBook Pro with OS X El Capitan. My small business uses a Canon C5035 printer. I have downloaded the recommended driver UFRII from Canon, but still cannot print from my Mac to our copier. Our copier technical support company claims problem is w/ El Capitan. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 3:25 PM

there are 10.11 drivers for this device through Canon

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/office/color_imagerunner_advance/imagerunn er_advance_c5035/imagerunner_advance_c5035#DriversAndSoftware

if these are not the drivers you are using for the correct OS then likely you could run into an issue.

see this document

Get help resolving printer issues on your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2015 3:25 PM in response to peterinbend

there are 10.11 drivers for this device through Canon

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/office/color_imagerunner_advance/imagerunn er_advance_c5035/imagerunner_advance_c5035#DriversAndSoftware

if these are not the drivers you are using for the correct OS then likely you could run into an issue.

see this document

Get help resolving printer issues on your Mac - Apple Support

Oct 14, 2015 3:33 PM in response to JimmyCMPIT

Thank you, JimmyCMPIT. There is now a driver from Canon which works for the C5035 a the link you sent. And I have now gotten my Macbook Pro with OS X El Capitan to print to my Canon C5035. If anyone else has this same problem, I specifically downloaded the UFRII driver. Than I had to manually add the Printer because my Mac didn't automatically see it. I used the printer's IP address 10.2.2.200 (found in it's settings). The final step, which was key and took me a while to solve was to switch the protocol from the default IPP to LPD. That did the trick. Up and running again with my new Mac. Hope this can help others and save the days I spent messing with this.

Can not print to business copier w/ new El Capitan OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.